Are you a team player who enjoys the working with children, the great outdoors, and using your skills to make a meaningful contribution? Then Camp Leo is a great fit for you!
- The opportunity to use your skills to improve the lives of children with diabetes
- A hands-on learning approach to diabetes management and exposure to the latest diabetes technology
- A fun, rewarding, active outdoor summer camping experience in the Cascades with an amazing team of colleagues.
- Camp Leo is all about family. We will cover the cost of your child or grandchild to come with you to camp.
Step 1: Apply
Volunteering at camp is easy! Volunteer registration for the 2017 camp season is now open. Click on the "Volunteer Here" link on the right to fill out your volunteer application. A member of the leadership team will get in touch with you shortly to confirm your position or schedule an inteview. All Camp Leo staff and volunteers must fill out a voluntary disclosure form and undergo mandatory background checks.Not sure what role is the best fit? See our volunteer roles and job descriptions below. There is something for everyone.
Step 2: Staff Training
All new volunteers attend two mandatory training sessions before camp. Our pre-camp training gives us a change to get to know each other and gives you a comprehensive review of all policies, procedures, and what to expect at camp. Our in-service training, for all volunteers, is held the day before the camp session starts and gives you all the tools to you need to succeed.
Step 3: Prepare for Camp
- Complete required Volunteer Forms
- Download and review our Working with Campers Manual.
- Watch DECA Staff Training Videos - Camp Leo staff get a free membership to DECA. Sign up to access videos and staff resources.
- Review Diabetes at a Glance 2018
- Review Basic Insulin Pump Overview
- Review Basic Insulin Pump Resource Sheet
- Download the Staff Packing List.
- Review the Policy on Staff Possessions.
- Review the Personnel and Anti-Discrimination Policies.
- Have more questions? Review our Volunteer FAQ