Are you a team player who enjoys the working with children, the great outdoors, and using your skills to make a meaningful contribution? Then Camp Leo is a great fit for you!
- The opportunity to use your skills to improve the lives of children with diabetes
- A hands-on learning approach to diabetes management and exposure to the latest diabetes technology
- A fun, rewarding, active outdoor summer camping experience in the Cascades with an amazing team of colleagues.
- Camp Leo is all about family. We will cover the cost of your child or grandchild to come with you to camp.
Volunteering at camp is easy! Just follow the steps below and we'll work with you closely to complete the process.
Not sure what role is the best fit? See our volunteer roles and job descriptions below. There is something for everyone.
Step 1: Apply
Volunteer registration will open in mid-January. Click on the "Volunteer Here" button on this page to begin the application process.
Once you have applied, a member of the leadership team will get in touch with you shortly to confirm your position or schedule an inteview. All Camp Leo staff and volunteers must agree to follow all camp policies and procedures (see Step 2 below), undergo mandatory background checks, and attend staff training (see Step 3 below).
Step 2: Volunteer Forms
Please make sure to review the following volunteer forms. When you submit a volunteer application, there is a section where you must check that you have read, understand and agree to follow all relevent policies and procedures.
- Review Personnel Policy
- Review Policy Against Discrimination and Sexual Harassment
- Review Internet and Social Media Policy
- Review Staff Agreement on Camp Rules
- Review Policy on Staff Possessions.
Step 3: Staff Training
All new volunteers attend two mandatory training sessions before camp. Our pre-camp training gives us a change to get to know each other and gives you a comprehensive review of all policies, procedures, and what to expect at camp. Our in-service training, for all volunteers, is held the day before the camp session starts and gives you all the tools to you need to succeed.
Step 4: Prepare for Camp
- Download and review our Working with Campers Manual.
- Watch DECA Staff Training Videos - Camp Leo staff get a free membership to DECA. Sign up to access videos and staff resources.
- Review Diabetes at a Glance 2018
- Review Basic Insulin Pump Overview
- Review Basic Insulin Pump Resource Sheet
Download the Staff Packing List.
Have more questions? Review our Volunteer FAQ